Public relations work on FGM
We are creating common spaces for interaction
Our public relations work is an important pillar for conveying our message. The issue of female genital mutilation must be lifted out of the taboo zone and our voices must be heard. Furthermore, it is our intention to generate strength and confidence in a common space of interaction. This will help us to find both our own as well as collective insights and answers to this misogynistic practice.
Mahaliya is involved in
- Information events in schools and other educational institutions
- Presentations at conferences and congresses
- Cooperative projects with public institutions
- Joint activities with other associations
- Our aim is to raise public awareness and to bring about a far-reaching change in awareness. This is also reflected in a broader understanding between cultures and between women and men.
»We can understand history much better if we listen to those who have been silenced in the past. Empathy and compassion are not weaknesses. They strengthen all those who are not afraid to confront a more comprehensive reality.«
(Bischoff Desmond Tutu)